Talks And Publications
Over the years, the Instructional Resource Center has changed to meet the changing needs of the Internet.
You can see these changes in the talks we have given and the content provided to a number of organizations, including Stanford University and The Exploratorium.
- Multi-cultural 11th Grade U.S. History: Technology Integration
A paper originally prepared for East Palo Alto High School Curriculum Development by Dr. Bonnie Tenenbaum of the K-12 Instructional Resource Center.
- Original Catalog, Goals and Key Words for the Library Instructional Media Center
This document, from the 1990's, outlined the original Catalog, Goals and Key Words for the "Library Instructional Media Center".
- A Virtual IMC Unifying Professional Development and School Reform
An in-depth description of K12IRC.org, presented as a paper in June, 1997.
- Stanford: K-12 Internet Resource Center
This is a status report given on April 19, 2001 at Stanford University by Dr. Bonnie Tenenbaum, the Librarian for the K-12 Instructional Resource Center.
- Exploratorium Online Newsletter Items
These items were published in the Exploratorium on-line newsletters between 2002 and 2005 as part of the K-12 Internet Resource Center's community outreach.
- Welcome Stanford S.T.E.P. Teachers
Activities created by the K-12 Instructional Media Center to support Stanford University's Teacher Initiative: STEP (Stanford Teacher Education Program).
- Welcome To An Instructional Resource Center for the 21st Century!
This is a description of the K-12 Internet Resource Center, outlining the contents of each section, from the early 2000's.
Explore the Resource Center...
While Common Core is being implemented by most states, there is much vocal opposition. Here are some resources that can help.
Bullying in school has become a national cause. Here's an index of resources for students and teachers to tackle this problem.
Check out the wide variety of professional development opportunities and resources.
Everything from classroom automation and making a class web site to creating videos and 3D printing.
Find an affinity group or a good laugh.
Find a lesson idea, video or activity for your classroom.
Develop partnerships and engage your students, their parents, and the community.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Environmental Conferences
• Galapagos Islands
• Global Collaboration Networks
• High Performance Standards for Applied Learning
• Hosting Your Own Web Pages
• Linux In The Classroom
• Networks for Teachers By Teachers (sampler)
• School Administration
• Tracking Web Site Changes and Lost Web Sites
• Wikis & Cloud Based Documents