All Educational Standards: Federal & State, Professional Orgs, & Subject Matter
Keeping up with all the different "standards" can be a full time job. Many sites, such as Align to Achieve, have given up due to the complexity of the task.
Here are some sites that can help...
McREL has created a compendium of K-12 content standards and related tools offering educators a rich resource for designing standards-based units.
The Collaborative Communications Group developed the Standards Toolkit. It is aimed at school administrators so the sections include Engaging Parents, a PowerPoint and brochure to Explain Standards, Changing Practices, Assessing Achievement (e.g., some subject portfolios), and Reporting Progress.
While some of the details may now be out-of-date, the overall approach to Standards remains sound.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• An Evaluation Checklist for Educational Web Sites
• EdTech Leaders Online
• Free Classroom Websites And WordPress
• Integrated Studies: Math (sampler)
• Major US and North American Federal Organizations: Environment
• Migrant Education Resources
• National Academy of Science
• Technology Planning: Regional, State and Local Collections