TESOL: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
The goals of this set of standards are: using English in social settings; using English for academic achievement; and using English in socially and culturally appropriate ways. They are divided into groups of grade levels for K-12.The emphasis is on content rather than performance so that state and local level specialists can set their own objectives. This draft also includes classroom protocols for instruction.
This formulation of standards can be used by any classroom teacher who has limited-English speaking students. They are sequenced developmentally so the content will also match classroom objectives for all students. (see also Foreign Language teachers and Multilingual.)
Other Areas To Check Out...
• An Evaluation Checklist for Educational Web Sites
• EdTech Leaders Online
• English Language Development Software
• Glossaries for Space Adventurers and Mere Mortals
• Linking Environment and Physics
• Parent Involvement
• TED Talks Education
• Thoughts on Educational Reform
• Virtual Modeling for Learning Science and Math