Integrating Technology into Your School's Curriculum
Tech & Learning (a.k.a, Classroom Technology News) is a great resource for education technology professionals responsible for implementing and purchasing technology products in K-12 districts and schools.
They provide an inside look at issues, trends, products, and strategies applicable to educators at all levels.
Libraries Transform is the American Library Association's multi-year public awareness campaign. Its ultimate goal is to increase funding support for libraries and advance information policy issues in alignment with ALA advocacy goals.
Articles address areas such as library management, eBooks, and supporting organizations.
Tales From The Electronic Frontier presents first-hand experiences of teachers and students back in the 1990's using the Internet in K-12 math and science. It includes articles on getting the right hardware, choosing an Internet service provider, designing an online project, and fostering acceptable use.
While the technology is, in theory, much more accessible today, the themes of designing projects and integrating technology into the classroom are timeless.
These resources can help with technology integration, but your school needs to invest in professional development and planning time if the expected benefits will override the costs.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• An Evaluation Checklist for Educational Web Sites
• EdTech Leaders Online
• Education & Curriculum Groups
• Major US and North American Federal Organizations: Environment
• National Initiatives: School Exemplars
• Online Courseware And Management Systems
• Projects for Parents and Kids Together
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians
• Technology in Learning
• Virtual Modeling for Learning Science and Math