Ethics in Science
The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science mission is to provide engineers, scientists, and science and engineering students with resources for understanding and addressing ethically significant problems that arise in their work, and to serve those who are promoting learning and advancing the understanding of responsible research and practice in science and engineering. Mainly for older students, this resource includes cases, scenarios, essays, and educational Resources.
The Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions (CSEP) at the Illinois Institute of Technology was established for the purpose of promoting education and scholarship relating to the professions. Among their many resources, they maintain an online collection of professional codes of ethics.
"Hunger Games" and bioethics from the Presidential Commission.
Genetic modifications intrigue students.h
The national science frameworks, such as Project 2061 and NAS, view ethics as an important consideration if we view K-12 students seriously as authenic scientists.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Equity Thru Community Technology Centers And Other Models
• FT STEM – Building Airplanes
• Getting Started And Happy Endings
• Insects: A Model Site and Frogs, Too
• Maker Movement
• Remote-Sensing Investigations
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians
• Subject Matter Problem-solving and Concept Mapping
• Virtual Schools Sampler