How we present a subject can be just as critical as having a good grasp of the subject and a good lesson plan. Here are some ideas to consider.
Hey teachers -- make it fun
High school science teacher Tyler DeWitt was ecstatic about a lesson plan on bacteria (how cool!) -- and devastated when his students hated it. The problem was the textbook: it was impossible to understand. He delivers a rousing call for science teachers to ditch the jargon and extreme precision, and instead make science sing through stories and demonstrations.
- YouTube URL
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Compilations of Lesson Plans
• Environmental Science Education
• Getting Started And Happy Endings
• Maker Movement
• National Science Teachers Association - Content and Research
• Science Education Groups
• Science Teaching
• Teaching Physical Science Through Children's Literature
• The Web and Education