Collaboration Within Small Student Groups
Teaching Students to Work Together
Integrated curricula, team teaching, and technology tools have built up the academic achievement and self-esteem of these rural Louisiana middle school students. An interesting video on showing students the benefit of working together.
- YouTube URL
A quick overview of collaborative learning, outlining its benefits, challenges and questions to consider when using collaborative learning to your classroom.
In Group Exams and Quizzes: The Benefits of Student Collaboration, Maryellen Weimer looks at the benefits of group testing and provides a road map for implementing them without loosing individual accountability.
This in-depth web site from WNET looks at cooperative and collaborative learning, how it differs from the traditional approach, it's benefits, and integrating it with other educational techniques
Other Areas To Check Out...
• All Educational Standards: Federal & State, Professional Orgs, & Subject Matter
• An Evaluation Checklist for Educational Web Sites
• Assessment of Hands-On Elementary Science Projects
• EdTech Leaders Online
• Equity Thru Community Technology Centers And Other Models
• Example Computer-Assisted Collaboration Projects
• Group Collaboration in Assessment
• Native and Minority Cultures
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians