School To Work Programs
The Job Corps is the nation's largest and most comprehensive residential education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24. An excellent resource for kids who want to "get back on track" and employers who want to support them.
In Los Angeles, PUENTE integrates traditional classroom instruction, computers and interactive video to meet the needs of communities in South Central and East LA. It links adult education in the community and housing projects so folks can continue learning without the critical need for child care; and kids, like their middle class counterparts, will gain access. Watch for the technology impact as a byproduct of the the consolidation of the many school and work-related federal programs.
NOVA Youth Employment is used in conjunction with public access kiosks and links Silicon Valley employers with job-seekers.
Job Bank Information will help you locate sites where you can search for jobs opportunities in your state.
Sharing school resources with the full community rather than letting them lay fallow is a no-brainer.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Computer Recycling
• Directory of Science and Technology Centers Around the World
• Global Collaboration Networks
• Models & Software For Your 3D Printer
• National Academy of Science
• On-Line Collections - Universities and Public Institutions
• PBS and NPR Resources
• Publication Opportunities for Students
• Remote-Sensing Investigations
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians