Here are sites that have students working together in small teams to do some pretty amazing things.
The Odyssey of the Mind teaches students to learn creative problem-solving methods while having fun in the process. Students develop team-building skills by working in groups of as many as seven students per team.
The Internet Science and Technology Fair conducts its team contest sequence during the fall. The challenge is great and so are the awards! Students are given an opportunity to experience the excitement of researching solutions to real-world problems involving science, engineering and other technical fields.
Toshiba/NSTA Exploravision contests challenges teams of students to design future technologies. Examples have been: a satellite-based early warning earthquake detection system, a body suit that monitors vital signs and delivers medication.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Tips for Science Fair Projects
• High Performance Standards for Applied Learning
• Extension of Museums Into the Classroom
• Copyrights and Intellectual Property Rights
• Internet Resources Sampler
• World Wide Web and Internet Tutorials