The National Geographic Society
National Geographic has an extensive collection of educator resources.
The site provides everything from classroom activities and lesson plans to maps of all types (many interactive!) and professional development.
Hundreds of pages of information and activities await your students. A great place to generate ideas for research projects.
This resource hosts recent National Geographic articles and current news.
It has a special section on climate change news.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• An Evaluation Checklist for Educational Web Sites
• Cable Channel Internet Resources
• Creating Digital Libraries
• Environmental Conferences
• PBS and NPR Resources
• Regional Environmental Resources
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians
• Teaching Physical Science Through Children's Literature
• Technology in Learning
• The GLOBE Initiative