Nanotechnology Now has a good introduction to the whole concept of building things atom-by-atom.
The Lawrence Hall of Science has developed this web site to introduce nanotechnology to students. Includes topics like...
- How small is it?
- Who works on it?
- Why is it important?
Other Areas To Check Out...
• 200 Gooey, Slippery, Slimy, Weird and Fun Experiments
• Biology Studies Groups
• Diverse Exhibits
• International Data Sources Sampler
• Linking Environment and Physics
• Major US and North American Federal Organizations: Environment
• Physics News and History
• Teaching Physical Science Through Children's Literature
• The Internet and Environmental Studies (sampler)
• Whole Books OnLine