Creating Multimedia: Beginner Information
Alice, developed at Carnegie Mellon, shows students how to drag-and-drop characters to create animated movies.
Scratch lets students, especially younger students, create their own versions of games and animations and collaborate and demonstrate their projects via the Web.
More exciting than Powerpoint and easier to format!
Scan Tips is Wayne Fulton's attempt to clarify some mysteries about the basics of flash and digital photography. A little of it is Nikon specific, however almost all subjects are general, not affected by brand. Also includes a section on how to get the best results when scanning images.
Creating multimedia enhances not only student projects and future workplace skills but also constructivist pedagogy.
You might sponsor an afterschool club to capture student interest and explore possible classroom applications to get up to speed with the program.
For many students, media creation will be a job requirement, so let's make it a constructive experience. Besides, multimedia is fun.
Other Areas To Check Out...
• Creating Digital Libraries
• Creating Multimedia: Intermediate Level
• Example Computer-Assisted Collaboration Projects
• Example Virtual Libraries
• Making The Video
• Music & Stories in the Classroom
• National Initiatives: School Exemplars
• PBS and NPR Resources
• Research Resources for Teachers and Librarians
• Thoughts on Educational Reform